I had heard the kids in their rooms for the last 15 minutes asking if it was time to come out yet. The answer was definitely a no. I jumped to my feet and with in five minutes had myself and the kids out of the house. Sometimes there is nothing better than just getting out.
I thought it would be great for the restless kids and for a mother who was trying to finish up some presents. I set the GPS and were off to the library. Zoe mentioned that she would have rather walked there, however I was a bit concerned because the GPS said we would be there in 11 minutes. Seems like much to far of a distance to walk. As the car took the freeway entrance both kids let out a, "this is not the right way" from the back of the car. "Hmmmm" I replied. "Maybe this is a different way to go." Three minutes later we were surrounded my nothing but open road. The kids announced, "I think we are lost." I confidently stated, "Well, we could turn around and find the real library or we could go on this adventure and see where the GPS is taking us. Everyone agreed that an unknown adventure in the car was much better than feet on beds.
So onward ho! We finally arrived at our destination and much to all our amazement found the
coolest old house ever. In which, we made up our own story of a haunted library that had been closed due to all the ghost and every now and then a GPS still sends weary travelers there in hopes to appease the houses desires. The kids were thoroughly freaked and had a stellar time. We hopped back in the car and researched the address to the real library. Raced back to town, saw a million deer and let one cross the road in front of the car, and got to the library with still enough time to read 6 books sans shoes before heading home. All in all an hour and a half later Christmas projects were ready and kids were happy. Success!




2 comments:
That is just like you to make a mistake into a cool road trip! SERIOUSLY brings back memories;)
Yes it does! "You are beautiful!" I need to start living life more like that. Done and done...new out look on life or maybe returning to an old out look. Thank you!
Post a Comment