I also had an eye appointment for a place here in town next week. However, yesterday my eye cracked out all on its own again. It was a cloudy day here in Evanston. Much like unto a day you would see in Forks. (That's right! I am referencing Twilight in my blog. HA!) Despite the great cloud coverage, my eye burned like a dirty little secret when I was outside. It was watering all day and it the pressure was so bad that it felt like I had a black eye. I was in utter pain.
Thus, I decided to throw myself at the mercy of the eye doctor. I stormed the castle, pulled my eye lid open real wide, and begged for help regardless of my scheduled appointment the following week. The eye doctor who apparently was not working that day and had just happened to drop in immediately took me back and began poking around in my face. With a few drops of dilation juice, some 20/20 tests and lots of sighing he announced a big fancy term that I will never remember.
Basically, my eye has had an adverse reaction to my contact or the solution. In an effort to heal itself it rushed white blood cells to my cornea. Due to the lack of infection the white blood cells were attacking my eye! How nice of them to try and clear up that problem by killing my eye. So considerate! Since this problem has been going on for so long my eye was covered in white blood cells and they had begun to clump up. I was given medicated eye drops with a steroid in them. Once it clears up he will be able to tell if it left scar tissue and permanent damage. How lovely!
At same time of this gentle revelation to how important my vision was he informed me that I could not put these contacts back in my face. Hmmmm. I drove her being able to see now I must leave with out being able to see. Curiouser and curiouser. The doctor however, was much more intelligible than I on this situation. He said he would cut me a temporary pair of lenses in his office and make some glasses. Then I would return in 2 days to do a full exam and order better lenses. So, in I go with contacts, out I come with glasses.
This concept is still blowing my mind as it always was always a week or two wait when ordering glasses.So, here is a picture of me with the new shades. Picked them out in under a minute, after I had spent 30 minutes deliberating on three different pairs. I saw them as I was putting back the two runners up. I grabbed them from the shelf and made a rash decision to bag the other 3 pairs totally. So far I have not been regretful. But, just so everyone knows, I feel like I am walking around in a carnival fun house. My depth perception is all screwy and things seem close and far away at the same time. Don't know if that is my wonky eye or just because I am wearing glasses for the first time in over ten years. For now, I just stay far back from all the other cars.




No comments:
Post a Comment