Last night, I watched a movie outside with a projector, a big screen and good friends. It was a chilly night and we wrapped up in sleeping bags and blankets. It was so much fun that we decided we would go back today for a double feature and have a bbq. In the midst of all this planning, someone mentioned that we should all go out for breakfast. It was really late and a holiday weekend, plus for those of us that work in education, we have no real schedule thanks to summer break. Yeah! As soon as it was midnight we all hoped in the car and took off for Deny's. For those of you that know me, know that I have been on a self proclaimed quest for the last two years to change my life for the better, to be healthy. I went through a lot of stuff in my marriage that I did not have any control of. That took a toll on my body and the weight packed on. When I got divorced I finally felt free but still miserable. I wanted to feel physically free and not trapped in this body that wasn't me.
I have competed in 4 different biggest loser competitions between work and family. I won once and came in second twice. I have dropped almost 90 lbs since August of 2008. I really love myself and who I am. I love my body but it has taken me a while to get to that point. I know that being physically fit and eating healthy is something that I want to continue and help to instill a desire of into my family some day. There is no way that I will be able to do that for them if I am not eating healthy and establishing good habits now. I have decided that this round of dieting is my last. I have no fixed number or set weight that I am trying to achieve. However I end up after this last run is where I am at. I will still continue to exercise, eat healthy and try to lead a physically fit lifestyle, but I will not be restricting my diet in an effort to lose weight. I have two more weeks left to go and I am SO ready to be done. Here are some things
that I have passed up in the last three days....
Cafe Sabor's Sweet Pulled Pork Burrito
chips and salsa
Sweetly Divine's decedent pastries
hot fresh banana bread
secret gummy and chocolate snacks in church
peanut butter popcorn
Deny's late night run
Usually I can look at the food and be okay. I know that if I eat them it will give me a tummy ache and slow down my weight loss. However, this last go round has been extra hard. I want to eat everything in sight. What is my problem!!?? I don't want to stay behind when my friends go out and miss all the socializing, but this is harder than I expected. Two more weeks right? I can do this!
I have competed in 4 different biggest loser competitions between work and family. I won once and came in second twice. I have dropped almost 90 lbs since August of 2008. I really love myself and who I am. I love my body but it has taken me a while to get to that point. I know that being physically fit and eating healthy is something that I want to continue and help to instill a desire of into my family some day. There is no way that I will be able to do that for them if I am not eating healthy and establishing good habits now. I have decided that this round of dieting is my last. I have no fixed number or set weight that I am trying to achieve. However I end up after this last run is where I am at. I will still continue to exercise, eat healthy and try to lead a physically fit lifestyle, but I will not be restricting my diet in an effort to lose weight. I have two more weeks left to go and I am SO ready to be done. Here are some things
that I have passed up in the last three days....Cafe Sabor's Sweet Pulled Pork Burrito
chips and salsa
Sweetly Divine's decedent pastries
hot fresh banana bread
secret gummy and chocolate snacks in church
peanut butter popcorn
Deny's late night run
Usually I can look at the food and be okay. I know that if I eat them it will give me a tummy ache and slow down my weight loss. However, this last go round has been extra hard. I want to eat everything in sight. What is my problem!!?? I don't want to stay behind when my friends go out and miss all the socializing, but this is harder than I expected. Two more weeks right? I can do this!




4 comments:
don't you remember Carrie's Cool Rules? Number 4> Never Eat at Denny's.
(((hugs)))
First of all I total remember Carrie's cool rule! Hillarious! Secind, YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'm so proud of you and amazed at you will power! You Rock!
I have never forgotten the cool rules...or should we say the "looc" rules. So cool you can't even say the word. In fact, when everyone was planning to go out to eat last night and they all voted on Deny's, I almost put my foot down because your rule came flooding into my head but then I thought...it doesn't matter because there is nothing I can eat any where so I might as well just let them eat where they want to. Holding strong to the rules for sure!!!
Heart!
the tummy ache part is so true!!
p.s. for awhile in college, all my roommates smoked. It was like this whole social thing for them to go down and smoke outside the dorm every evening.
I started super wishing that I smoked--just so I could go with them and be part of the fun. It was really hard for a couple of months--I even had dreams where I was smoking, I wanted to so bad. CRAZY
It is just Satan working on you. BE STRONG!! He is attacking you while you are weak! Hold out and the cravings will go away.
Post a Comment