Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vacation

I spent a lot of time with family and friends this past month. Some I have not seen in over two years. I started out by spending the night in Cedar City at Alisa's place and then drove down to California to visit Chad. Then, I went back to Cedar for a 3 day school seminar. After that I drove to Flag Staff, Az. Left my car at the airport and drove with Rachel and Carson to Oklahoma. From there we booked it over to Missouri and a family reunion. Took the long ride back to Phoenix where Rachel lives and then have spent the last two days of my trip back in California with Chad. Lots and lots of driving, but it was nice to just be able to kick back and spend time together with people I do not see very often. Here are a few pictures from my phone of some of the things I was able to snap pictures of.
Rachel's baby, Cal, is about 9 months old and adorable!
I put him in the tire swing at grandpa's house in Missouri and he just loved it. He was on the verge of falling asleep so I started to pick him up. He freaked out, started crying and grabbing for the tire. So I put him back in it and he was instantly happy again. After that, I pushed him and let him fall completely asleep until we had to go.

I love this picture even though it is blurry. We were sitting around enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon playing Apples to Apples. Just a great time. The picture shows just how crazy we are. Everybody loves a good time.







The last day that I was in Phoenix Rachel and I went with the kids to the Children's museum. In this picture, Madi and I had climbed up through a huge jungle gym of welded metal. We were very close to the top which was three floors high and she was beginning to get apprehensive. It was tons of fun but really required me to crawl around on all fours at several places.



While I was at Alisa's house we went on a family bike ride to go and get sno cones. It was so much fun. After spending so much time with different family members and getting to know their family better it made me realize one thing. I am ready for my new family. I see my siblings and cousins and the families they have created and are raising and I am ready for that chapter in my life. I hope if comes soon. As for now, off to Wyoming and grand adventures in a classroom with real walls, a door, and my very own key to lock it with. How did I get that lucky?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We had a great time too! I'm so glad you came with us and then to our house. Don't forgt your invited for Thanksgiving.